Canadian Henley Regatta Fees and Important Information
Dear Parents and Rowers,
Here is the link to pay regatta fees which must be paid by Friday, August 2. The cost is $1,100 per athlete.
This email contains information about the team trip to Royal Canadian Henley Regatta in St Catharines, Ontario Monday, August 5 - Sunday, August 12, 2018. There are many important details so please read to the end.
1. Please meet on Monday, August 5th at 5:15am in the boathouse parking lot. Departure will be prompt at 5:30am. Unless you have prior permission from Ben Quick, there will be no vehicles allowed to be left at North Riverfront Park for the week you are away.
2. With no traffic or stops, the trip is approximately 6 hours. The group will go to Henley Island first and check in to the hotel around 4p.
***Monday night is the opening night ceremony. There are some speeches and awards given, photo opportunities, and then amazing fireworks.***
3. Your rower must travel with her/his actual passport or passport card. Copies or photos of passports are not acceptable documentation to cross the border. Please keep a copy of your rower's passport at home in case of emergency. Your rower will be asked to show a coach or chaperone her/his passport prior to departure.
4. Please eat breakfast before the trip, or bring breakfast in the car. Please bring money or food for snacks and lunch on the road. There will be one or two stops (in the US) for stretching, restrooms, and lunch. Please bring your WATER bottles filled with WATER.
5. Bring a carry-on bag with anything you need to get through the drive to Canada.
6. CHARGERS - bring a charger for your phone and any other device you are bringing. It is especially important to have your phone charger. We need charged phones for communication.
7. Please check with your mobile/cellular carrier before the trip to learn the best way to handle international calls or texts and roaming issues.
8. The hotel has coin operated laundry available. Please pack enough clothing to last the entire trip. We will have laundry detergent just in case ... favorite clothes get dirty, exercise clothes get too gross, uniform smells too bad, etc. The laundry machines take Canadian money only. The hotel front desk can change money from US to Canadian but will not change from Canadian back to US. Change money thoughtfully. The vast majority of businesses in the area accept US money.
9. Definitely bring a bathing suit! And sunscreen! The hotel has indoor and outdoor pools.
10. There will be vendors (clothing, rowing gear, souvenirs, food) at the regatta. Because the rowers are in high school, we expect them to manage their personal spending. If there are special circumstances, please let me know.
12. The team will be staying at the Best Western St Catharines Hotel and Conference Centre. The hotel is approximately 10 minutes from the regatta site.
14. Racing schedules have not been posted yet. You can check the websites above for information and I will share racing times in the parent groupme chat when I have them. PVRC is registered to race in the following events:
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Coach Renee Jones
Pioneer Valley Riverfront Club
860 944 6196