March 2020 COVID 19 Statement and Policy
Pioneer Valley Riverfront is committed to the health and safety of its members, friends, and family. The COVID 19 outbreak is a rapidly evolving situation. We are actively following guidance from CDC and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Please read and adhere to the following guidance.
1. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze by coughing into your elbow or a tissue. Immediately dispose of the tissue.
2. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Make sure to wash the backs of your hands, your thumbs, and in between fingers. Hand washing is the NUMBER ONE method to reduce disease transmission.
3. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if you do not have immediate access to soap and clean water.
4. If you have fever or feel unwell, please stay home. This is for your well being and the well being of your fellow PVRC fans. PVRC will be waiting for you when you are well again.
5. PVRC is practicing HEALTHY HANDLE HYGIENE. Wipe down handles and bars before and after training. Coaches will provide instruction for correct wipe down procedures.
6. Get the flu vaccine. It is not too late! While the flu vaccine cannot prevent COVID 19, flu is still very active; there have been 30,000 confirmed cases of flu in Massachusetts this winter. The current risk for COVID 19 is low but the risk for flu is very high. PVRC will continue to monitor information from public health authorities and update the above guidance as needed. Cancellations for any programs and events will be announced via email and social media. Thank you for your continued support of all the Pioneer Valley Riverfront Club does. To your health!
Ben Quick, Executive Director and the PVRC Board of Directors